THIS IS YOUR INVITATION TO JOIN OUR EXPANSION TEAM
- Provide coaching that will enable men to participate in discipling groups similar to class meetings established by John Wesley.
- Address root causes of domestic violence by providing Amending through Faith resources to men of all ages.
- Challenge churches and provide the resources to minister to young people by establishing Cub Scout packs, Boy and Girl Scout troops, and Camp Fire groups.
- Encourage men to serve as big brothers to boys whose fathers are incarcerated through the programs of Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- Recruit and train people to serve as prayer partners to respond to prayers posted on the Upper Room Prayer Wall.
- Encourage churches to establish Programs of Religious Activities with Youth (PRAY) classes for Scouts and other young people.
- Feed hungry people through potato drops, gleaning, and fund-raising projects coordinated by the Society of St. Andrew.
- Provide opportunities with Mobility Worldwide to build hand-crank carts for people in Third World countries who have lost the ability to walk.
- Recruit, train, and certify men to serve as men’s ministry or Scouting ministry specialists. These volunteer leaders help neighboring churches discover effective ways to reach men and youth in their communities.
- Distribute copies of Strength for Service books to first responders and military troops.
- Participate in “Rise Against Hunger” food packaging events.
- Provide churches with a wealth of information and resources to help them reach unchurched men, and to provide spiritual-growth opportunities for church members.
Four easy and safe ways to contribute:
- Text: UMMen to 44321
- Give by phone: 866-297-4312
- Give Online at http://bit.ly/ummgive2020
- Send a check to: P.O. Box 440515, Nashville, TN 37244-0515
Interesting facts about the date
October 19 is the day after Laity Sunday, which is celebrated every third Sunday in October. The day was established in 1928 by the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, and in 1930 by the Evangelical Church. Laity Sunday is a celebration of the work of all Laity.