In the United States, on average, more than 3 women are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends every day. While men do not solely perpetuate violence against women, the vast majority of violence is still perpetuated by men.
The men of the United Methodist Church have the ability to change this, to amend through faith. Will you stand with other men in your church to make a difference in your community?
Join us on Father’s Day weekend at the Igniting Men Conference – Saturday, August 25, 2018, at Edgewater United Methodist Church in Port Charlotte, Florida. It’s a day designed to ignite and inspire men to take a stand for their own families and for women & girls in their communities throughout Florida.
Our special guest speakers will address the following issues:
- Pornography and the connection to human trafficking and sex slavery.
- The use of coercion, intimidation, emotional abuse, and male privilege.
- Equality in relationships between men and women.
- Kairos prison ministry and the redeeming power of Jesus Christ.
- Connecting Dads to their children through All Pro Dad and local schools.
- The power of prayer in helping heal relationships.
We have a choice. We can sit by and watch violence against women continue, or we can stand up a make a difference. The choice is yours. We know what God wants you to do.